Give 50 free-motion filler designs a whirl with instructor Leah Day in this in-depth quilting class. Stitch each design to create an impressive and unique quilt.
If you have ever had trouble with free-motion quilting on a domestic machine, or are interested in learning some exciting new designs, Leah Day is here to help expand your quilting horizons. Once you have stitched each of the 50 unique fillers included in the quilt pattern, you will be able to tackle any free-motion project with ease.
Start by learning the basics of free-motion quilting and Leah's own tips and tricks for making it as simple as possible. Discover helpful troubleshooting techniques for common stitch and movement problems. Then practice her filler designs and learn all about the five free-motion stitch families: independent, stacking, pivoting, echoing, and branching.
Come get your fill of free-motion quilting today!
What You'll Learn
- Tips on making free-motion quilting easier
- 50 free-motion filler designs
- Troubleshoot common machine-quilting issues
- Create an all-over quilting look on a domestic machine
- 9 HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access
- Downloadable class materials with 5 stitch family templates
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Answers from Leah in our virtual classroom
- Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
- Your access never expires
- 100% money back guarantee
- Meet Leah Day (37:39)
Meet your instructor, Leah, and learn about everything you need for successful stitching. Leah will walk you through machine settings, thread choices and this class's project.
- Ugly Stitches & Scale (25:54)
Learn to make even stitches with Leah's help. You'll troubleshoot common mistakes and gain a greater understanding of the foot pedal.
- Independent Designs (37:51)
Start with stippling and then see how to make Leah's spirals, including the Basic Spiral, Drunk Spiral, Blazing Spiral and Angle Spiral.
- Stacking Designs (39:50)
Start stacking your designs as Leah shows you how to make Saw Blades, Cobblestones, Basic Star, Triangle Mosaic, Oil Slick, Modern Weave, Trapped Ripples, Cubing and Missing Piece.
- Pivoting Designs (37:35)
You'll be ready to pivot with these designs: Heart Paisley, Drunk Pointy Paisley, Abstract Leaf, Light Bulb Leaf, Hosta Leaves, Spike Paisley, Lava Paisley and Kidney Stones.
- Echoing Designs (29:02)
Learn to let your designs evolve out with Leah's echo motifs, including Echo Shell, Trippy Triangles, Ball Bearings, Pebble Ribbles, Cubic Ripples, Hot Candy and Brain Coral.
- Branching Designs (38:01)
Leah shares 11 branching designs, including the basis of all branching: McTavishing. She also gives you pointers on how to finish the quilt.
- All-Over Quilting (15:58)
Discuss domestic versus longarm machines with Leah. You'll also learn quadrant quilting.
- Supplemental Basting Lesson (32:12)
Leah shares her basting method - from starching and pressing to pinning. You'll also get her candid opinion on spray basting.
- Supported OS: Web Browser
- ☛ Quilting
- ☛ Intermediate skill level
- ☛ Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
- ☛ Your access never expires
- ☛ 100% money back guarantee
- Binding: Software Download
- Brand: Craftsy
- Product Group: Digital Software
- Product Type Name: ABIS_DOWNLOADABLE_SOFTWARE
- Manufacturer: Craftsy
- Release Date: 2013-03-13
- Edition: Standard
- Publisher: Craftsy
- Studio: Craftsy