Puberty, personal hygiene and sex can be difficult topics to broach with your child, especially when they have an intellectual disability or autism. The authors of this guide provide honest answers to challenging questions and provide solutions to the dilemmas that many parents face on a daily basis. Structured around issues related to puberty and emerging sexuality in children with disabilities or autism, such as physical changes, mood swings and sexual behaviour, the book presents case studies alongside practical guidance on how to overcome problems that commonly arise.
The book also explains laws relevant to disability and sexuality and suggests appropriate sex education programmes to meet the needs of differing degrees of disability.
- ☛ Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Release Date: 2016-06-21
- Publication Date: 2016-06-21
- ISBN: 184905648X
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Studio: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Number Of Pages: 192
- Price: $21.80