Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Australia with Lonely Planet Australia's Best Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering the country by car. Featuring 39 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures on which you can experience the world-class surf beaches and iconic landforms of Victoria's Great Ocean Road, the epic big skies and forever horizons of the Nullarbor Plain, and more; all with your trusted travel companion. Hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Australia's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Byron Bay, Tasmania, Alice Springs, Great Ocean Road, Nullarbor Plain, Uluru, the Outback, Kakadu, Cairns, the Daintree and more
The Perfect Choice: Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, Lonely Planet Australia's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Australia via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Looking for a road trip guide to a particular Australian region? Check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Coastal Victoria, Tasmania, and Outback Australia.
- Planning an Australia trip sans car? Lonely Planet Australia, our most comprehensive guide to Australia, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Australian city? Check out Lonely Planet's guides to Sydney or Melbourne & Victoria for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer, or Pocket Sydney or Pocket Melbourne, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.