Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Banff sparkles as the crown jewel of Canada's national parks. Explore the best of it with Moon Banff National Park.
Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries designed for day hikers, winter visitors, families with kids, campers, and more
- The top experiences and unique ideas for exploring Banff: Ride over the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh or through the sky in a mountain gondola. Follow the vast network of hiking trails along glacial valleys, and discover alpine lakes and spectacular vistas. Soak in a natural hot spring, treat yourself at a luxurious mountain resort, or discover the park's history at one of Banff's excellent museums. Grab a cup of coffee at a local shop, or experience the town's classic après-ski nightlife
- Expert tips for hiking, biking, skiing, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with mileage, elevation gains, difficulty ratings, and trailhead directions
- The best places to spot wildlife like black bears, elk, and bighorn sheep
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Banff local Andrew Hempstead
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside and outside the park, from gorgeous mountain lodges to secluded campgrounds,
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations, and strategies for get to Banff National Park
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Recommendations for families, international visitors, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Exploring more of Canada's great outdoors? Try Moon Canadian Rockies. Hitting the road? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip.