The Fractal Cosmos wall calendar features the organic computer-generated designs of Alice Kelley, who says,
Fractals are an intuitive glimpse into the infinite order that composes the natural world, as well as being proof that math is beautiful.
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- A year of awe-inspiring fractal artwork on your wall.
- Frameable artbook-quality printing.
- The perfect gift for the math and computer science enthusiast.
- 12 abstract computer-generated fractals by Alice Kelley.
- Features quotes from scientific luminaries such as Blaise Pascal and Sir Isaac Newton.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- Published by Amber Lotus, an independent carbon-negative US company that has planted more than half a million trees since 2008.
- This calendar features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.
Fractals are the visual depictions of mathematical equations — the same equations, in fact, that describe natural phenomena such as crystal growth, galaxy formation, plant shapes, and weather patterns. A computer program assigns a color to each point in the image based on the answers to a chosen equation, which then results in cosmic or abstract fractal shapes. Dozens of variables are manipulated in order to create these fascinating psychedelic art images.