Congressman John Lewis (GA-5) is an American icon, one of the key figures of the civil rights movement. His commitment to justice and nonviolence has taken him from an Alabama sharecropper's farm to the halls of Congress, from a segregated schoolroom to the 1963 March on Washington, and from receiving beatings from state troopers to receiving the Medal of Freedom from the first African-American president.
Now, to share his remarkable story with new generations, Lewis presents March, a graphic novel trilogy, in collaboration with co-writer Andrew Aydin and New York Times best-selling artist Nate Powell (winner of the Eisner Award and LA Times Book Prize finalist for Swallow Me Whole).
March is a vivid first-hand account of John Lewis' lifelong struggle for civil and human rights, meditating in the modern age on the distance traveled since the days of Jim Crow and segregation. Rooted in Lewis' personal story, it also reflects on the highs and lows of the broader civil rights movement.
Book One spans John Lewis' youth in rural Alabama, his life-changing meeting with Martin Luther King, Jr., the birth of the Nashville Student Movement, and their battle to tear down segregation through nonviolent lunch counter sit-ins, building to a stunning climax on the steps of City Hall.
Many years ago, John Lewis and other student activists drew inspiration from the 1958 comic book "Martin Luther King and the Montgomery Story." Now, his own comics bring those days to life for a new audience, testifying to a movement whose echoes will be heard for generations.
- ☛ John Lewis rose from humble beginnings to become a national leader of the civil rights movement, a revered member of Congress, and a winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. This is his story, from an Alabama farm to the March on Washington and beyond, co-written with Andrew Aydin and brought to
- ☛ Height: 9.50 in. Width: 6.50 in.
- ☛ Manufactured by: Diamond Comic Distributors
- ☛ Seller SKU: 201700024523
- ☛ March Book One Graphic Novel
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: Top Shelf Productions
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Top Shelf Productions
- Part Number: 21220089
- Release Date: 2013-08-13
- Edition: 1st
- Publication Date: 2013-08-13
- ISBN: 1603093001
- Publisher: Top Shelf Productions
- Studio: Top Shelf Productions
- Number Of Pages: 128
- Price: $12.86