• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's Morocco Adventure Map provides global travelers with the perfect combination of detail and perspective, highlighting hundreds of points of interest and the unique and exotic destinations within the country. This expertly crafted map includes the locations of thousands of cities and towns with an index for easily locating them, plus a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for motorways, dual carriageways, major roadways, scenic routes, and more. In addition to typical sites of interest such as World Heritage sites, national parks, mosques, churches, and archeological sites, this map includes Morocco's many casbahs, and marabouts, making it invaluable to travelers hoping to experience the country's rich history and culture. Beaches, yachting harbors, and areas popular for fishing and surfing dot Morocco's extensive Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines. Other recreational destinations such as ski resorts, golf courses, spas, caves, and oases are included as well.
Morocco's northern half is shown on the front side of the print map and includes the cities of Tangier, Tetouan, Fez, Rabat, Casablanca, and Marrakesh. The reverse side of the map covers the southern portion of the country and includes a large inset map of Western Sahara.
The Kingdom of Morocco is a part of the Maghreb region of North Africa that includes Tunisia, Algeria, Mauritania, and Libya with which it shares historical, cultural, and linguistic ties. Primarily a nation of farmers, the country is dominated by the Atlas Mountains that separate the fertile coastal regions from the harsh Sahara. These high, rugged mountains helped protect Morocco from colonization until the early 20th century when the French and Spanish brought their influence to the Islamic region.
Every Adventure Map is printed on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant and tough — capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel.
- Map Scale = 1:1,000,000
- Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- ☛ Waterproof and tear-resistant.
- ☛ Detailed topography complete with activity symbols, ideal for exploring the country.
- ☛ Hundreds of points-of-interest and thousands of place names.
- ☛ Detailed, durable, and accurate.
- ☛ Index for easily locating them.
- Binding: Map
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: National Geographic Maps
- Part Number: AD00003203
- Edition: 2013
- Publication Date: 2013-01-01
- ISBN: 1566955300
- Publisher: National Geographic Maps
- Studio: National Geographic Maps
- Number Of Pages: 2
- Price: $9.99