After Netflix released its popular "Thirteen Reasons Why" original series about a girl who killed herself, the topic of suicide has become viral.
However, suicide has unfortunately already gone viral among teenagers in the United States. According to The Jason Foundation:
* Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for teens.
* More teens die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease, COMBINED.
* Each day in the United States, over 5,240 teenagers attempt suicide.
* Four out of Five teens who attempt suicide have given clear warning signs.
If you work with youth, it's not IF you will have a conversation with a teenager about suicide, but WHEN.
Are you prepared? Do you know what to say? Do you know who to contact or what to do?
This easy-to-read guide equips you with 13 steps as suggested by counselors, therapists, and the National Suicide Hotline for how to engage teenagers in crisis.
NOTE: This book is NOT intended for those struggling with suicidal thoughts. This guide intended to be a tool to help those who may find themselves in a conversation with a suicidal teenager.
- Binding: Paperback
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Publication Date: 2017-04-28
- ISBN: 1545540160
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Studio: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Number Of Pages: 66
- Price: $5.99