A richly illustrated - and entertaining - history of the iconic Grand Central Terminal from Sam Roberts of the New York Times
"This well-done piece of urban history will appeal to both railroad enthusiasts and general readers."-Booklist
Featuring quirky anecdotes and behind-the-scenes information, this book will allow readers to peek into the secret and unseen areas of Grand Central -- from the tunnels, to the command center, to the hidden passageways.
With stories about everything from the famous movies that have used Grand Central as a location to the celestial ceiling in the main lobby (including its stunning mistake) to the homeless denizens who reside in the building's catacombs, this is a fascinating and, exciting look at a true American institution.
- ☛ Richly illustrated volume delves deep into its history, with quirky anecdotes and behind-the-scenes information.
- ☛ Peek into the secret and unseen areas, from the tunnels, to the command center and the hidden passageways.
- ☛ Revisit the movies that have used Grand Central Station as a locale. Check out the celestial ceiling in the main lobby.
- ☛ Softcover. 320 pages.
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: HACHETTE BOOK GROUP USA
- Color: black
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Grand Central Publishing
- Part Number: 1455525979
- Release Date: 2017-09-12
- Edition: Reprint
- Publication Date: 2017-09-12
- ISBN: 1455525979
- Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
- Studio: Grand Central Publishing
- Number Of Pages: 320
- Price: $15.85