Method in Theology stands, with Insight, as Bernard Lonergan's most important work. It is Lonergan's answer to those who would argue that in this time of cultural change and dissolution the believer is afloat on a sea of multiplying theologies, without rudder or compass. Lonergan was resolute in his refusal to be defeatist on this point. While agreeing that theology must continually change to mediate between religion and culture, he worked out an integral method to guide and control this ongoing process.
This is a reprint of the 1973 edition. A new annotated edition of Method in Theology will be published eventually as a part of the Collected Works of Bernard Lonergan.
Bernard Lonergan (1904-1984), a professor of theology, taught at Regis College, Harvard University, and Boston College. An established author known for his Insight and Method in Theology, Lonergan received numerous honorary doctorates, was a Companion of the Order of Canada in 1971 and was named as an original members of the International Theological Commission by Pope Paul VI.
- ☛ Used Book in Good Condition
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: Unknown
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division
- Part Number: 43171-586323
- Edition: 2nd
- Publication Date: 1990-06-01
- ISBN: 080206809X
- Publisher: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division
- Studio: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division
- Number Of Pages: 405
- Price: $42.12