Polish up your coding skills with this practical workbook! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's bestselling Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2017 Edition, this workbook offers coding review and practice with more than 1,200 theory, practical, and reporting exercises (odd-numbered answers provided in appendix), including 100 original source documents to familiarize you with reports similar to those you will encounter on the job. It’s a complete review of all current coding sets, including ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding!
- UNIQUE! 100 real-world coding reports (cleared of any patient identifiers) provide experience with reports similar to those you will encounter in practice.
- UNIQUE! Theory, practical, and reporting exercises help you master key concepts and apply your knowledge.
- Theory exercises include fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and true or false questions.
- Practical exercises offer additional practice with line coding.
- Answer format is the same as that in Buck’s Step-by-Step Medical Coding text, using the multiple code icons, helping you develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills.
- Answers to odd-numbered questions are included in the appendix.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available for accurate coding and success in practice