John Powell, a scientist and musician, answers questions about harmony, timbre, keys, chords, loudness, musical composition, and much more in this fascinating guide to what music is and how exactly it works.
What makes a musical note different from any other sound? How can you tell if you have perfect pitch? Why do 10 violins sound only twice as loud as one? Do your Bob Dylan albums sound better on CD or vinyl?
In a clear, accessible, and engaging voice, Powell explores the science and psychology behind music. The perfect gift for music lovers everywhere.
This edition also includes a CD of examples and exercises from the book.
- ☛ Little Brown and Company
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: Little Brown and Company
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Little, Brown and Company
- Edition: Reprint
- Publication Date: 2011-12-02
- ISBN: 0316098310
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Studio: Little, Brown and Company
- Number Of Pages: 272
- Price: $9.98