Widely referred to as the “bible of stage makeup,” the timely revision of this classic text addresses principles and techniques in the use of makeup for the contemporary performer.
This extensive exploration of the application and use of stage makeup and makeup for a variety of performance venues covers all aspects in detail and contains over 400 photographs, drawings, and diagrams demonstrating step-by-step procedures. Thoroughly updated and revised, this classic text remains accurate and comprehensive, providing information from which all readers – whether students to the field or seasoned, professional makeup artists – will benefit.
New to this edition:
- Updated photography throughout.
- Features the latest information on products and techniques throughout.
- New additions to chapters concerning hairpieces and wigs: making a pattern for a beard and mustache, making a pattern for a wig, fronting a wig, or sending accurate information for rentals, and the basic roller set for wigs.
- The source Appendix has been totally updated with new vendors and the latest website addresses.
- The materials Appendix has had the most current products added.
- There are new, blank makeup charts for class work and designing makeups.
- There is a color guide for a two-part silicone life cast.
- The new color section featuring Academy Award nominee, Christien Tinsley, steps for the Tinsley Transfers for cuts, bruises and prosthetics. (As seen in the movie The Passion Of The Christ.)
- A selection of makeup in color with complete instructions.
- Color photos of Academy Award winner, Matthew Mungle, special effects makeup for the CSI television show.
- Instructions for a new “creating a likeness” of Queen Elizabeth I.
- The Film and Television chapter now includes information about working with the latest HD digital technology.
- The color section now includes a series of photos illustrating the effects of gel colors on natural makeup.