Why is architect Frank Gehry's work notable? What principles should journalists be following today? What are the keys to owning a successful restaurant?
You’ll find the answers to these and other questions in Contemporary Topics 2, by Ellen Kisslinger (Series Editor: Michael Rost), which features college lectures from several academic disciplines, including architecture, media studies, and culinary arts. Contemporary Topics 2 prepares students for the challenge of college lectures with practice in a wide range of listening, speaking and note-taking skills and strategies.
- Corpus-based vocabulary drawn from the Academic Word List
- Practical listening and note-taking strategies
- Note-review practice that allows students to analyze their note-taking skills and consolidate their understanding of the lecture
- Academic research and speaking tasks: presentation, discussions, and role plays
- A Teacher’s Pack for busy instructors with:
- Suggested bonus activities
- Teaching notes
- Answer keys
- Simulated TOFEL® Listening Test for each unit
This is the standalone book, if the customer wants the Book/Audio CD they should order the ISBN below:
0132469405 / 9780132469401 Contemporary Topics 2: Academic Listening and Note-Taking Skills (Student Book and Classroom Audio CDs)
Package consists of:
0132345242 / 9780132345248 Contemporary Topics 2: Academic Listening and Note-Taking Skills (High Intermediate)
0136005144 / 9780136005148 Contemporary Topics 2 Audio CDs